NE1’s Newcastle’s Restaurant week allows diners to indulge in some of Newcastle’s best restaurants for less.
Each participating restaurant crafts a bespoke Restaurant Week menu where diners can enjoy a meal for £10pp, £15pp or £20pp. It’s the perfect way to enjoy a new restaurant in Newcastle or an old favourite for an even better price. Boosting much needed trade for the hospitality industry and helping diners enjoy the best food at affordable prices amid the cost-of -living crisis. Different Narrative was tasked with achieving maximum reach and engagement to make the latest Restaurant Week the biggest yet.
Paid advertising activity ran across July and August taking a multi-channel, digital-first approach to lifestyle target couples, groups and families interested in quality dining experiences. Multiple channels were used to ‘inspire’, ‘engage’ and ‘convert’ customer bookings: An on-air radio competition driving awareness and engagement, Metro train carriage cards targeting commuters across the network, Facebook paid video, Stories, carousel ads to inspire and engage those interested in food, drink and eating out, Snapchat to target younger customers, digital display static and animated single image and carousel ads targeting a broad 21-60 age demographic with maximum reach. Different Narrative devised a fully-integrated campaign commencing 4 weeks before the event to inspire interest, engage audiences and drive conversion to covers during Restaurant Week in August.
A distinctive creative campaign was developed to inspire, engage and convert people interested in food, drink and eating out. This lead with aspirational, high end food imagery and creative style to highlight diners could experience more luxurious menus for affordable prices, without compromising on quality. Immersive creative headlines invited customers to ‘dip, dunk, drizzle, devour’ and ‘dine devine’, juxtaposed against high-end dining imagery to support the premium nature of the offer. Photography supported the whole range of dining and menu options on offer.
Use of digital platforms allowed multiple food images to be showcased, providing something relevant for everyone. Digital display advertising enabled relevant creative to be served to relevant audiences at the right times and digital studio platforms were deployed to optimise creative assets for mobile, the main point of advertising consumption.
Marketing engagement results were simply mouth-watering, exceeding all expectations and breaking records…
Campaign audience reach and engagement was outstanding with over 2m impressions delivered in the run up to the event across Facebook, local news, national news publishing partners and Snapchat.
Even more impressive, were the business outcomes:
- The number of diners was a whopping 8% higher and they spent +36% more than previous records.
- Restaurants increased their average cover value by +26% despite Restaurant Week entry prices remaining static at £10pp, £15pp or £20pp.
- The campaign drove nearly £852k incremental revenue for the city’s hospitality trade, providing a much-needed boost to the local economy as well as providing 52,000 people with access to dining experiences the finest restaurants in Newcastle at affordable prices.
- Return On Marketing Investment [ROMI] was outstanding – over 4200%, returning £47.27 for every £1 invested in the marketing campaign and breaking all previous records.
- 113 restaurants took part in August’s NE1’s Newcastle Restaurant Week, making it one of the largest events on record and the figures for the event mark significant milestones for NE1’s Newcastle Restaurant Week. Ben Whitfield, Director of Communications at NE1 said;
“NE1’s Restaurant Week is a fabulous event which continues to grow in popularity and stature and has become a firm fixture in Newcastle’s events calendar. Even without the final tallies, we have beaten all previous records for number of diners and income generated.”
All of which proves, NE1s Newcastle Restaurant Week was a real meal ticket for the city…