Introducing business decision-makers to a workforce that’s Ready for Everything.
We were tasked with raising awareness of the government’s Job Entry: Targeted Support (WHP JETS) Scheme in the North of England. The scheme provides employment support to Universal Credit (UC), and New Style Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA) claimants who have been unemployed for three months or more, delivering guidance and training to help claimants become confidently ‘job ready’ and able to make a real difference to businesses as soon as they’re placed.
Our client required:
- Campaign strategy
- Campaign creative
- Campaign delivery
- Leverage local relationships
- Tracking and reporting
Focusing on specific locations and industries, the B2B campaign brief came with an ambitious target for the desired number of leads.
To inform our strategy we researched the mindsets of the target audience (business owners and HR teams in SMEs across Yorkshire, North East and the East Midlands). This told us that:
- Employers were reducing staffing costs to help cash flow.
- Current employees were taking on more responsibilities, to avoid the risks of hiring new staff.
- Recruiting online was a huge change for most businesses, and they were taking time and resource to adapt.
- Uncertainty about the economy meant that businesses were hesitant to plan too far into the future.
““Nearly 200,000 people over the age of 50 have dropped out of the workforce or become economically inactive since the start of the coronavirus outbreak in the UK and the supply of people available for permanent work soared by the largest amount since the financial crisis. But whilst supply is high, demand is faltering.”
Source: The Times
Based on these findings, we formed a strategy around three pillars: engage, reassure and inspire: